- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian NGOs demand objectiveness from UNHCR2011-03-10 18:00
United National High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is going to start a more intensive dialogue with the Georgian NGOs on the problem of refugees, - Novosti Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Georgian non-governmental organizations' discontent with UNHCR reached the central office of the organization in Geneva. The point is that the UNHCR office in Georgia made a positive assessment of the process of eviction, having stated that no case of human rights violation has been recorded.
Georgian NGOs criticized the international organization, having pointed at its biasness and the fact that its position goes in line with the ministry's position on refugees.
After that, UNHCR took a decision to increase active cooperation on refugees with the Georgian NGOs.
"The meeting held on March 9 resulted in two inspiring aspects - our opinion and UNHCR's opinion on the integration of the forcibly displaced persons are identical and the organization is open for cooperation and joint development of proposals on improving life conditions for refugees", - stated representative of the Georgian-Abkhaz Union Rusudan Marshania.