- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia reforms Ministry of Environment Protection2011-03-11 18:16
Today the law "On introduction of amendments into the law "On Structure, authorities and rules of operation of the government of Georgia" was adopted stipulating restructurization of the ministry of environment protection and natural resources. As News Georgia reports, the Georgian parliament adopted the law by a unanimous vote.gt-en-newsitem-inside
From now on the structure of the government will comprise the Ministry of Environment Protection and the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources. The Agency of Protected Areas will remain part of the ministry of environment protection. Besides, the energy ministry will be in charge of the environment protection inspection and the department of inquiry, both of them subject to liquidation.
Moreover, the ministry of environment protection will pass control over conservation and fertility improvement of lands to the competence of the ministry of agriculture that will also be in charge of questions connected with the use of pesticides and agricultural chemicals.
Besides, the new law suggests a number of functional changes in the structure of Georgian ministries and agencies.