- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian population is not ready for emergency actions, experts say2011-03-14 16:03
The people of Georgia are not ready for emergency actions during earthquakes, war or fire. Such opinion was expressed by participants of a TV discussion on the topic If There Is War Tomorrow in the Narrow Circle program of the Georgian TV.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Notably, in the opinion of the Georgian Legion public military-patriotic alliance lifeguard Commander Simon Kopadze, "we need a new framework of civil defense". "Generally speaking, one can say that there is no civil defense system in the country today", - he added.
According to military doctor Dimitry Kipiani, the country's population is not ready to take emergency actions. "The government and each member of society, all of us should work hard so that everyone understood what to do in the force majeure circumstances, such as war or anything else. When communications are torn, transportation routes are shut, the people must know what to do and where to go, what measures to take so as to survive, at least", - Kipiani said.
In the experts' opinion, Georgian population has not yet recovered from the psychological shock received during the August-2008 war and "the people do not want to think about the possible emergency situations".
In the opinion of the experts who took part in the meeting, one should start with the young and children in the issues of teaching the rules of survival in emergency situations.