- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO’s corner opened in Georgian Technical University2011-03-14 19:42
NATO's Information Center has been opened in Georgian Technical University today, Novosti-Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It is reported that the official ceremony was attended by Romanian Ambassador Dan Mihai Barliba, head of Lithuanian diplomatic mission Jonas Paslauskas and Deputy State Minister for Integration in European and Euro-Atlantic structures Elena Hoshtaria.
According to Hoshtaria, the main task of the Alliance's corner will be the establishment of active cooperation with the students: "The state holds regular meetings with various types of society and, of course, with the students presenting a special group. That is why, our meetings will be regular; they will be held in various formats and dedicated to various issues", - Hoshtaria remarked.
Lithuanian Ambassador Jonas Paslauskas underlined the importance of informing students and schoolchildren about the North-Atlantic Alliance's activity: "Georgia is eager to get to NATO. Besides reforms, the country takes part in the international military operation held by the alliance in Afghanistan where Georgian servicemen together with NATO troops are fighting terrorism. I believe such meetings between the government and the diplomatic corps are very important, for we get to know what the Georgian young people think about", - he said.