- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Expert: theoretically, Russia may enter in WTO bypassing Georgia2011-03-15 14:50
Theoretically, Russia may enter in WTO bypassing Georgia. As reported by Novosti Georgia, such opinion was expressed by Georgian political expert Gela Vasadze. However, the precedent contradicts the essence of the World Trade Organization and will damage Russia's prestige, he adds. Let us remind you that earlier, such possibility was stated by Foreign Minister of Russia Sergey Lavrov.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"There is a mechanism of being admitted to WTO without one of the countries' consent but the point is that there has never been such a precedent. Moreover, creation of such a precedent contradicts the essence of WTO as an organization, not to mention Russia's prestige. In simple words, it's not very good for such country as Russia to enter in WTO through the backdoor", - Vasadze told the journalists. At the same time, according to him, "Moscow may have no other way out" and the "possibility of using this mechanism is rather high", - the expert asserts.
"Despite the serious criticism of WTO in Russia, serious experts fairly understand that it would be irrelevant to talk about the improvement of the country's economy without the membership in this or similar organizations", - Vasadze also underlined.
At the same time, he stressed that the Georgian side cannot make concessions in negotiations with Russia as to membership in WTO.