- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Roksky tunnel to be closed for reconstruction2011-03-16 17:33
Roksky tunnel is planned to be closed for large-scale reconstruction on the side of North Ossetia this September. As was reminded by Novosti Georgia, the tunnel connects North Caucasus with Tskhinval.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Head of the North Caucasus Automobile Roads Department Gayez Makiyev, it is necessary to replace the energy-supplying and water removal systems in the tunnel and build the anti-avalanche galleries. A bypassing automobile route will be available during the tunnel reconstruction.
Federal budget is planning to allocate the amount of 23 billion rubles for the tunnel reconstruction, roadside construction and the repair of a complicated road section of the Transcaucasian motor way (TransKAM).
The construction of Roksky tunnel was completed in 1985. Its length is 3 thousand 660 meters and it is located at the height of 2,5 kilometers above the sea.