- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Framework agreement on strategic partnership grants a new level of Georgian-American relations2008-12-26 11:26
With the framework agreement signed, Washington and Tbilisi pass to a new stage of strategic partnership, stated Batu Kutelia , Georgian ambassador to the USA, in his talk with journalists, ITAR-TASS informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He shared no details and mentioned that according to the diplomacy rules it is better to abstain from comments on details before signing. Eka Tkeshelashvili, the Security Council Secretary. also underlined that this agreement is an important constituent step of security and democracy development of Georgia.
"This document will be the beginning of strategic partnership of the two countries at an absolutely different level ", she said.
Agreement on strategic partnership between Georgia and the USA will be signed in Washington, on January, 4th 2009, Grigol Vashadze, Georgian Foreign Affairs Minister previously stated.
"I am 99 per cent sure that on January 4th we will sign this document ", Vashadze stated at the briefing.
According to Vashadze, the text of the document hasn't been published yet, it is still being agreed. Georgian representative delegation is expected to arrive in Washington to for signing ceremony.
The agreement includes regulations on strategic cooperation between Georgia and the USA in all spheres, confirmation of sovereignty, freedom and independence of Georgia. Besides, the document includes cooperation in spheres of security and defense.