- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania: agriculture must become top priority for government2011-03-17 12:42
One of these days, a meeting was held in Gurjaani between the head of Our Georgia - Free Democrats party Irakli Alasania and local residents' spokesmen. As reported by Business Georgia, the meeting was dedicated to agricultural problems.
In Alasania's opinion, agrarian sector must be ranked among the government's top priorities. It is necessary to increase the sponsorship of the agricultural branch five times, he thinks.
"It is necessary to repair the irrigational system and other infrastructure; peasants must have an opportunity to take long-term credits and dispose of agricultural equipment themselves. It is also important to bring back the Russian market", - Alasania stated.
Besides agrarian issues, participants of the meeting discussed politics. For instance, when asked whether Georgia is ready for the revolution, Irakli Alasania answered that "any way of violence is unacceptable". However, "civil activity is necessary", - he added.