- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Unique scientific laboratory to be opened in Tbilisi March 182011-03-17 15:20
The official opening of the Central Public Health Referal Laboratory will be held in Tbilisi on March 18. As reported by Novosti-Georgia with reference to the U.S. Embassy, the laboratory is set up in the context of a joint project of the USA and Georgian governments. It will discover dangerous infections among people and animals and hold epidemic control and scientific researches. The work of the laboratory is very important for Georgia and South Caucasus in general, the specialists underlined.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The opening ceremony will be attended by Georgian PM Nikoloz Gilauri, U.S.' Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador to Georgia John Bass, Minister of Health of Georgia Andria Urushadze and U.S. Assistant Secretary of Defense Andrew Weber.
The realization of a joint laboratory construction project started in 2006. About 100 million dollars were invested in the project.