- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Oppositionists accused Sakartvelo authorities of deceiving people2011-03-17 16:02
Georgian authorities have been accused of lying and of irresponsible attitude to the problems of the citizens who suffered in the August-2008 war. As reported by Novosti Georgia, this statement was made to the journalists today by member of the political council of the Oppositional Georgian Party Sofo Horguani. She said that nine refugees from the conflict zone applied to the organization. The authorities promised to give them 10-thousand-dollar compensation instead of dwellings. "The amount was twice transferred to the bank accounts of these people but both times the money was withdrawn by the bank", - Horguani remarked.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She reminded to Minister for Refugees and Resettlement Koba Subeliani and regional governor of Shida Kartli Zurab Arsoshvili that Georgia has joined the international pact "About economic, social and cultural rules" and that it is the country's responsibility to ensure social maintenance of each citizen.
The means allocated by the international community "were transferred not for President Saakashvili and Minister Subeliani". "It is refugees who are subjects of this financial assistance. It's a great pity that the money never reached the addressees", - Horguani underlined.