- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Products in Georgia grew in price by 50-70 percent2011-03-21 15:28
Foodstuffs jumped in price since the beginning of year.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by Business Georgia, the cost growth up to 70 percent primarily concerned essential commodities - bread and flour products, oils, sugar, potatoes and cereals.
At the same time, according to expert Lado Papava, there are reasons to expect greater inflation in the nearest time in the food sector. According to Papava, it is explained by the fact that the old supplies are running out and the new crop will be taken in a long time.
Let us remind you that not so long ago, President of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili warned that people should be ready for high prices and an inflation jump.
Such statement was made by the leader of Georgia during a meeting with the deputies of parliament while discussing the consequences of the world economic crisis.
"International position is very complicated. Oil prices have grown and may be growing still. Thus, we've got no great choice: either high prices or ruined economy and further inflation", - Georgian president underlined.
At the same time, National Statistical Service officers declare that the main reason of inflation that exceeded 12% last year is a growth in food prices attributed to external factors - the world prices growth.