- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia can provide itself with grain for 35%2011-03-21 18:15
Ministry of Agriculture is going to ensure partial fulfillment of the grain demand due to domestic production, - GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Head of Ministry Bakur Kvezereli says that soon the country will be able to provide up to 35% due to its own production. Nearly 10 thousand hectares of land will soon be sown with wheat.
"The grain was given out to be sown in 10 hectares and I want to say we've made a success.
Consequently, when we take the crop in summer we will give a comprehensive assessment to this program aimed at fulfilling 35% of our demand for grain", - the minister said.
So far, Georgia provides itself with bread only for 15%. Still, the government believes the grain program to be a success.