- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Military training to be held near David Gareji monastery2011-03-22 13:48
Georgian Ministry of Defense does not think that military training near David Gareji monastery threaten the historical monument, - Novosti Georgia reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today, a protest action will be held by the youth sector of the Georgian oppositional party in one of the Georgian villages bordering with Azerbaijan. The opposing activists protest against the military training to be held near David Gareji monastery complex, asserting that they will negatively affect the state of the historical monument.
However, the Ministry of Defense does not believe these claims of the opposition to be ungrounded. "The firing ground near David Gareji is not used for any military training; there is only a training base for reservists there", - an officer of the Ministry of Defense stated in one of her interviews to Novosti Georgia agency.
"There is a great territory between the reservists training base and the firing ground", - they say in the Ministry of Defense.
"No equipment or artillery is used in the process of training that could damage the complex by a sound vibration or in any other way", - the military say.