- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Medvedev urged to share the truth about war with the world2008-12-26 17:02
International organizations and courts should read the book "Ossetian tragedy. White book of crimes against South Ossetia, August 2008 " , said Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia. Today Yuri Chaika, the General Prosecutor of Russia, presented him one copy.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The book is based on the facts of Georgian military aggression against South Ossetia criminal case, gathered by General Prosecutor' Office's Investigatory Committee, RIA-Novosti informs. It contains data of war crimes of Georgian servicemen against people of South Ossetia and Russian peacemakers.
"It all is based on interrogation materials, testimonies of eyewitnesses, expert conclusions", Chaika said.
In his view, the book presents objective coverage of August events in the Caucasus.
It has a number of documentary witnesses that "have the probative meaning of the aggression committed by Georgian side against Ossetian people, citizens of the Russian Federation ".
The General Prosecutor is convinced that the book should be sent to every Russian diplomatic representative mission.
"The world must know of the tragedy, there are only facts and objective assessment of the events", Chaika said.
The President, in his turn, praised the book.
"It is a very important document. Sure, we must do everything to let interested sides in any country of the world to read it: international organizations, organizations that perform legal proceedings, courts, if there is a need, because it is a collection of crimes against South Ossetians, against citizens of the RF", Medvedev said.