- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to double energy production by 20152011-03-24 17:42
The construction of the electric energy transmission infrastructure and energy export is currently a top priority for Georgia. As reported by Business Georgia, such statement was made today in parliament by Georgian Minister of Energy Alexander Khetaguri. "If we have no electric power delivery facilities, its production is senseless. We want to sell and get a revenue from electric energy production", - he stated.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to him, the construction of power lines as far as Turkey through Akhaltsikhe has already been started. "This power line will be commissioned in 2012 and with its help, we well be able to supply 700 megawatt of energy to Turkey", - he underlined. According to Khetaguri, Georgia has never exported such amount of electric energy.
He also added that the construction of another power line will be started soon in direction of Azerbaijan, and another one in direction of Armenia will be started next year. By 2015, Georgian power engineers are going to double the electric power production.