- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: the Parliament will get more rights than the President2008-12-26 18:41
Mikhail Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, commented his legislative initiative on delegation part of presidential power to the Parliament. According to Saakashvili, amendments to Constitution will simplify the procedure of the cabinet resignation on MPs' initiative, and the President in fact cannot dissolve the Parliament.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It means that the Parliament will be given more rights to control the government, and all state structures will be accountable to the Parliament and people ", RIA Novosti quotes the president.
According to the bill, in case government members default, the parliament will be able to rise question of their responsibility.
"We will find the very classic European model, that corresponds the most precise definition of democracy ", Saakashvili stated.
He promised that Georgian people will be the master of the country, and the Parliament and mass media will have more opportunity to control the executive power.