- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
GNO: Shevardnadze and Saakashvili came to power with USA’s help2011-03-24 19:12
"USA's 13 friends" collection book about the politicians who came to power with the USA's help has been issued in Tbilisi, - Georgian media report, according to Euronews.gt-en-newsitem-inside
These 13 politicians include former and current presidents of Georgia Eduard Shevardnadze and Mikhail Saakashvili.
The collection was issued by the Historic Heritage Georgian non-governmental organization.
During the presentation, head of NGO Tariel Gagnidze said that the book includes the articles and materials provided by publicists and journalists from various countries about the leaders of some states of Latin America, Asia and East Europe who came to power with U.S.' support. "They served not their countries' interests but those of the USA", - Gagnidze says.
According to him, "most of them caused dissatisfaction or hatred among their people with their actions and, despite U.S.' support, had to resign".
Among "USA's 13 friends", the authors of the book name former president of Georgia Eduard Shevardnadze, current head of the state Mikhail Saakashvili, former president of Ukraine Victor Yushchenko, as well as former leaders of Chile, Iraq, Paraguay, Egypt and some other states.