- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Audit revealed breaches in six Georgian institutes2011-03-25 16:38
Financial breaches have been revealed in six higher educational institutions of Georgia. As reported by GHN, violations were discovered in the course of an audit conducted by the country's Audit Chamber. Notably, breaches were found in Tbilisi Medical University, Agrarian University, Technical University, Batumi State University named after Shota Rustaveli, University of Subtropical Farming and Lomouri Agricultural University.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As was stated at a briefing with the journalists by head of the Audit Department of the Audit Chamber Giorgy Alasania, the checkup revealed multiple breaches in financial and property management. "Universities use dozens of bank accounts with uncontrolled turnover, without the added percentage of a large number of state means. Millions of laris from capital expenditure have been spent on low-quality repair works, which resulted in an abnormal state of the university buildings and classrooms. A large amount of debts receivable is illegally and wrongly accrued", - he said.
Let us remind you that earlier, it was reported about the detention of high-ranking officials of the Agrarian University. They are accused of the state means embezzlement.