- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili welcomes a dialogue on Electoral Code2011-03-29 14:48
Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili welcomes any dialogue aimed at improving the electoral environment in the country. As reported by Novosti Georgia, the statement was made by President's Press Speaker Manana Mandzhgaladze citing the opinion of the head of the Georgian state about the possible consensus between the opposition and the majority in the course of discussing the new Electoral Code. According to the press speaker, a compromise is a bilateral process that should be used by all the political powers involved in the dialogue. "A compromise is the only way of conducting a dialogue", - she underlined, citing Saakashvili.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Besides, Mandzhgaladze referred to the example of local elections in May 2010. According to her, these elections were held on the basis of the Electoral Code, which basic provisions were adopted as a result of consensus of various political powers.
Let us remind you that the beginning of a campaign on improving electoral environment in the Georgian society was recently announced the oppositional Group of Eight.