- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Debates in Georgian parliament may become regular2011-03-31 13:25
Government debates in the Georgian supreme legislative body may be held on a regular basis. As reported by GHN, such proposal was recently made by head of the country's parliament David Bakradze. "The debates really took place. We witnessed very bright speeches and there was practically no issue left that the people and parliament members would be concerned about. We saw heated debates and definitely-stated proposals and it all signifies the fact that the debates were real", - Bakradze stated, closing the "government week".gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his opinion, such debates should be aimed at regular informing of the society of the current problems and the ways of their settlement by the government. "The debates should allow the people see whether the government and the parliament cope with the task of rendering joint help to the people in solving their current problems. The debates were useful from this viewpoint and I leave open the possibility that they may become regular", - Bakradze summed up.
Let us remind you that the Georgian parliamentary opposition holds by another opinion. "It's a pity that the ministers and the majority inadequately took the great number of problems and topics mentioned. A clear example of that is the terminology used by representatives of the majority within two weeks", - Vice Speaker of Parliament, representative of the Christian Democrats fraction Levan Bephvadze said after debates.
He thinks that when there is an objective situation, objective opinion and assessment, there must always be a counter argument. "But when counter arguments are insulting, it means that the second party's position is very weak", - the oppositionist said.