- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Laborites initiate impeachment2008-12-29 16:47
Georgian Labor Party intends to turn to the Parliament with a demand to start the procedure of impeachment of Mikhail Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, announced Shalva Natelashvili, the leader of the party, ITAR-TASS informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Natelashvili, "today the members of MP group signed an address to the Speaker with a demand to start the procedure of impeachment of Mikhail Saakashvili, the Preident of Georgia,, on December 30th this address will be handed to the addressee". "
According to the Laborites, "President Saakashvili repeatedly violated the Constitution".
To start the impeachment procedure, signs of one third of MPs, i.e. 50, Natelashvili noticed.
Georgian Parliament counts 150 MPs, the majority if them, 119, belong to the governing party, the United National Movement.
That is why experts regard this statement of the Laborites as "propagandistic". In Georgian Parliament the Labor party is represented with four MPs.