- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
War film 5 Days in August to be shown in South Ossetia on April 142011-04-05 14:34
On April 14, first run of Renny Harlin's 5 Days in August about the war in South Ossetia will take place at the international festival of adventure films in Valencia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As is reported by Interfax, Harlin's move will be the closing one.
Let us remind you that the film is called "a drama about the war between Georgia and Russia".
The main characters of the film are an American journalist and his operator and the Georgian families that found themselves under the fire of the war. The film stars Rupert Friend, Val Kilmer and Andy Garcia. Director Renny Harlin is known for such works as Die Hard-2 and Cliffhanger.
It should be noted that the Georgian opposition many times accused the country's government of sponsoring the movie for which 35 million dollars were allocated according to the statement of the current government' opponents. Mikhail Saakashvili flatly denied the information.
The shooting of the film about the war in Georgia started in Autumn 2009. Renny Harlin asserts that it will be "neither anti-Russian, nor anti-Georgian, nor anti-American, nor anti-war".