- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi confirmed: military machinery is drawn to South Ossetian border2008-12-29 18:03
Georgian Interior Ministry confirmed the information of armored police vehicles Cobra in a number of villages bordering on South Ossetia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Ministry, the EU monitors were informed of it.
According to Shota Utiashvili, Interior Ministry spokesman, the machinery is used for patrolling, and controlling situation, RIA Novosti reports.
Today the Ministry of Defense of South Ossetia stated that Georgian side draws military machinery to republican borders. According to the Ministry, in Gori, where Georgian tank battalion is situated, 28 tanks deployed, in villages bordering on South Ossetian border, police armored vehicles Cobra are located.
"It's already two weeks since we have drawn Cobra machines to border villages, including Nikozi". "They are needed to patrol, and control the situation,"Utiashvili said.
"10 such machines are working in the conflict area", Utiashvili informed.
Georgian Ministry of Defense sees nothing surprising in tanks deployed in tank battalion.
"Tank battalion is located in Gori. What else can be found there, if not tanks?" said the Ministry Press Service representative.