- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Inter RAO UES to take part in Georgia’s energy facilities’ privatization2011-04-06 13:04
Russian energy giant Inter RAO UES is going to take part in the privatization of the Georgian energy facilities. Besides, it is going to build a number of hydropower units here. This was reported by Novosti Georgia with reference to RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the materials of Inter RAO's press service, such plans are stated in the memorandum of cooperation in the field of electric power signed by the Georgian government and the Russian company.
The document specifies the parties' approaches to pricing, as well as the volume of the investment program of the Georgian Telasi JSC. "Besides, the memorandum stipulates the parties' interest in further development of the Hrami GES-1 JSC and Hrami GES-2 JSC cascade by way of constructing three hydropower units with the total capacity of 90-100 МW downstream River Hrami. Also, the memorandum implies an opportunity of Inter RAO's participation in the privatization of electric power facilities in Georgia and defines the parties' approaches to increasing the export potential of Inter RAO group in exporting electric energy from Georgia to Russia and Turkey", - the statement goes.
Let us remind you that Inter RAO UES OJSC is a Russian energy holding with the capacity of electric stations of more than 28 GW.