- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan to supply gas directly to Greece2011-04-06 15:30
Greece is going to be the first European country where Azerbaijan will supply gas directly. As is reported by Trend, this was stated today by Head of SOCAR State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Rovnag Abdullayev. According to him, one of these days, managers of SOCAR and DEPA State Gas Company of Greece signed a memorandum of understanding. According to the memorandum, SOCAR and DEPA are discussing the opportunities of redirecting the contacts between Turkey and Greece to SOCAR's direct supplies. Since 2007, Azerbaijani gas has been re-exported to Greece by Botas Turkish State Pipeline Company.
When the contract is signed, Azerbaijan will sell its gas on its own and it will be first Azerbaijani gas to be supplied directly to Europe, Abdullayev underlined.
Presently, the annual volume of Azerbaijani gas supply to Greece is about 700 million cubic meters.