- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
No democracy in Georgia – opinion poll2011-04-06 19:00
There is no democracy in Georgia. As is reported by GHN, such opinion is shared by 44 percent of respondents of a poll recently conducted by experts of NDI analytical company. Notably, 44 percent of the pollees answered negatively when asked «Is there democracy in Georgia?" while 39 percent gave a positive answer.gt-en-newsitem-inside
During a similar poll in July 2010, 46 percent of the Georgian citizens answered negatively to the same question and 33 percent responded positively.
The new research was held on March 4-17; in all, 2 thousand 893 respondents were interrogated throughout Georgia.
The research was aimed at revealing the issues that are most relevant for modern Georgia, as well as at finding out the people's attitude towards democracy and current reforms. NDI researches are sponsored by Swedish Development Agency (Sida).