- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Appathurai: Georgia will become NATO member if it wants to2011-04-07 16:24
Today, Spokesman of NATO Secretary General in the Caucasus James Appathurai who has come on a visit to Georgia spoke about Georgia's evident progress on the way of integration to NATO. This was reported by GHN. "Our position approved at the summit in Bucharest and then confirmed in Lisbon remains unchanged. Georgia will become NATO member if the country really wishes to and if it meets the standards", - NATO representative underlined.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his opinion, Georgia is actively working on meeting those standards. "There was great progress last year, according to the assessment of our allied countries. Still, there is plenty of work to do", - Appathurai added.
"Georgia chooses the priority direction itself; we simply provide an assessment of the reforms that have been carried out in this direction. Constitutional reforms in Georgia were very important. Now we are waiting for elections and, despite the fact that negotiations on electoral environment go on in a strained way, we support them. Secretary General requests that the current resources be used more efficiently to provide an effective defense", - North-Atlantic Alliance representative summed up.