- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Onoprishvili: budget increase by 350 million laris is unjustified2011-04-07 19:31
Georgian government's decision on increasing the state budget in 2011 by almost 350 million laris (about 200 million dollars) is unjustified. As was reported by Novosti Georgia, such opinion was voiced by former Minister of Finance of Georgia, member of Our Georgia - Free Democrats political party David Onoprishvili. In his opinion, the authorities' decision is related not to the progress in the economical field but to a high level of inflation in the country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Despite the repeated statements, Georgian government has developed a definite plan to restrain the inflation and is trying to get additional revenue due to the people's impoverishment under such conditions", - Onoprishvili says.
Free Democrats believe that the draft law on increasing the state budget does not meet the people's interests because it does not allow to solve urgent problems at a basic level and overcome the negative results caused by inflation, he added.
Let us remind you that the draft changes to the Georgian budget 2011 were submitted to parliament at the end of March. In the new version, the budget is increased by 348 million laris and expenditure budget will grow by 230 million laris.