- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
FIC channel to get extra 20 million laris2011-04-08 16:27
20 million laris will be appropriated by the state budget of Georgia to sponsor the Russian-language FIC channel. This was reported by Novosti Georgia with reference to the Georgian Minister of Finance Kakha Baindurashvili. Let us remind you that today the Georgian parliament is discussing draft changes to the budget 2011.gt-en-newsitem-inside
FIC channel (First Information Caucasian channel) broadcasts from Tbilisi via the HotBird French satellite throughout the territory of Europe, including European Russia and the Caucasus, as well as the Near East, the Middle East and North Africa. Broadcasting is also realized via pik.tv website and by cable network of Georgia.
FIC programs are meant for foreign audience. According to official documents, the task of the channel is to "show the Caucasus to the world and the world to the Caucasus".