- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia offered Eurobonds at international markets2011-04-12 17:07
A transaction on offering Georgian Eurobonds at the international markets is close to its end. As was reported by Novosti Georgia with reference to Georgian president's press speaker Manana Mandzhgaladze, the transaction will be executed today. According to Mandzhgaladze, "Georgia successfully offered Eurobonds at the cost of 500 million dollars". "International experts and economic media have already assessed this transaction as one of the best ones", - Mandzhgaladze underlined. The term of the new Eurobonds is ten years; the rate of interest is 7,125 per cent per annum.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The completion of this transaction significantly improves the perception of Georgia by foreign investors and it is a kind of economic indicator, for unlike with the previous Eurobonds with the term of five years, foreign investors trust Georgia for 10 years now", - she remarked.
According to her, the current transaction, among all, almost fully removes the problem of Georgia's state debt from agenda.
Let us remind you that in 2008 the government of Georgia issued Eurobonds to the amount of 500 million with a five-year term.