- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
European Union pleased with Georgian authorities’ negotiations with opposition2011-04-14 12:30
Head of EU representative office in Georgia Philip Dimitrov declared that European Union welcomes a dialogue on the electoral environment carried out by the country's authorities and representatives of the opposition.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"European Union also welcomes the participation of civil society in the process, for the electoral code reforming is a meaningful step on the way of realizing Georgia's European aspirations", - Dimitrov is cited by Trend.
According to him, such dialogue should also correspond to OSCE's and Venice Commission's recommendations and will "contribute to enhancing trust between the parties".
Let us remind you that representatives of eight oppositional parties have recently taken a decision to yield to the official Georgian authorities in the issue of the step-by-step improvement of the electoral environment in the country. "We provide for the opinions expressed by the negotiation parties and suggest that the authorities should divide the issues in two groups and consider two of them at the first stage: making up the lists of electors and electoral system", - goes the statement of the Group of Eight representatives adopted at a meeting in the Free Democrats' office.