- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
OSCE mission mandate expires today2008-12-31 11:26
OSCE mission in Georgia mandate expires today, Interfax informs. Previously Andrey Nesterenko, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman, claimed that OSCE mandate in Georgia prolongation contrаdicts common sense.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The answer was incomprehensible. Now some of our partners suggest a mechanical extension of the mandate while the current mandate is about to expire, does not meet the new reality and is not accepted by South Ossetia. This extension would make no sense", ITAR TASS quotes the diplomat.
Nesterenko underlined that "If it is necessary to preserve an OSCE mission in Georgia for some reason, its mandate must meet the new realities and bear in mind the opinion of the Republic of South Ossetia".
The spokesman reminded that Russia proposes to work out the new such mandate since September 2008, and presented the project, agreed with Tskhinval, but according to his words, had no sensible reply.
In his view, the new mandate for OSCE mission in Georgia can be considered even after December 31st , when, according to OSCE procedures, the mandate expires, and it passes into closing regime, that may take 2-3 months.