- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mikhail Saakashvili: international investors trust Georgia2011-04-14 15:06
Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili has highly appraised the issue of new Eurobonds to the amount of 500 million dollars by the republic's government.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As was reported by Business Georgia, the issue was raised at the meeting of the head of Georgian state with PM Nika Gilauri.
"It is practically a delay of the state debt for a long period of time. It means that we won't have to repay the basic debt in 2013 and it means we will be able to spend this money on the country's development and the settlement of the people's social and economic problems", - Saakashvili underlined.
According to him, such step speaks of the fact that international investors have more trust in Georgia. In Mikhail Saakashvili's opinion, it is especially important when many European countries are facing big financial difficulties. "Greece has fallen down; there are problems in Portugal, Ireland, and Island. Investors put no trust in these countries and suddenly Georgia managed to delay debt repayment and prolong credit resources in these hard times", - the president underlined.
"It's the same as when a family takes a credit in a bank and its payment is delayed for a long time. The family can use this money for other purposes. The same is about the state. Considering that we have gone through a war and a global economic crisis, investors have more trust in us, which is the direct result of the non-corruption environment we managed to create", - he also added, commenting on the fact that Georgia managed to delay the debt it was supposed to repay in 2013 until 2021.