- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Earthquake in Georgia: no victims, no destruction2008-12-31 11:34
In Tsalendzhikhi district (West Georgia) on December 30th Richter magnitude 4.3 earthquake took place, ITAR TASS informs alluding to the seismologist service of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the service, the epicenter was about 15 kilometers away from the Inguri hydro power station dam, near Chkavaleri of Tsalendhikhsk district. There the magnitude reached 4. Earth tremor was felt several times.
According to tentative messages, no victims and no destruction caused.
According to the seismologist service, it was the earthquake of medium magnitude, the tremor was felt by people of Tsalendzhikhi and Chorotsdkui, Mestia districts, 40-50 kilometers away from the epicenter, whrer the shock was approximately Richter magnitude 3.
According to the service representative, the earthquake was no threat for the power station, constructed to survive even Richter magnitude 9 earthquake.