- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian ombudsman: KVN teams’ recent joke is disgusting!2011-04-14 19:15
Georgian ombudsman Georgy Tugushi characterized a humorous reply of the Koza Nostra KVN team of Tbilisi Medical University recently aired by Imedi TV channel as "disgusting". The point at issue is the recent KVN game where the Koza Nostra team, when asked about Hitler's best quality, answered: "Free gas to each Jew's family".gt-en-newsitem-inside
Georgian ombudsman believes that the response of the KVN team is an insult to the dignity of the Jewish nation and the memory of the victims of Holocaust, Tugushi is cited by Novosti Georgia with reference to the materials of the people's defender's press service.
"Such statements require strict assessment and criticism, even if humourously meant", - the statement goes.
"It is notable that the team's response caused the audience's applaud... at the same time, none of the jury members, including Minister of Sports and Youth Lado Vardzelashvili holding a state political post, expressed protest on the matter and against the team's answer", - the report goes.
"The fact of apologies made by Koza Nostra team and Minister of Sports and Youth that were published on the ministry's website on April 13 is "surely a positive one, but it all means that more efforts should be made in the direction of tolerance and civil education", - Georgian ombudsman's press service sums up.