- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Parliament passed budget 20092008-12-31 12:34
At yesterday's extraordinary plenary meeting, last in this year, Georgian Parliament passed budget 2009 - 102 votes pro, 13 contra.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The budget implies income tax decrease from 25 per cent to 20, and dividend tax - from 10 per cent to 5, since January, 1st 2009.
The expenses of the state budget are cut on 1 bln, and count GEL 6.8 bln (USD 4 bln ).
The budget also includes finance of measures to boost the economy in the times of economic crisis. GEL 2.2 bln (USD 1.3 bln) are allocated for this purpose. Financing of social package counts GEL 1.6 bln (USD 9.6 bln). In 2009 minimum pension will be increased GEL 5: from GEL 75 (USD 45) to GEL 80 (about USD 50) in November.
Teachers will have their salaries increased in two stages: GEL 25 (USD 15) more in January and then in September. At the same time Ministry of Defense will have its financing GEL 600 mln (USD 360 mln) cut and finally counts GEL 952.2 mln (USD 537 mln). Interior Ministry expenses are GEL 150 mln (USD 90 mln) cut - to GEL 813.2 mln (USD 489 mln) in result.
Bonuses for monthly hardship allowances for socially unprotected families are increased. The system of social aid will be calibrated and will embrace about 900 thousand people.