- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Sakartvelo celebrating Love Day2011-04-15 17:54
All lovers in Sakartvelo are celebrating Love Day today. As was reminded by Novosti Georgia, the holiday was established in 1994 as an alternative to the western St.Valentine's Day. The tradition of celebrating this day appeared in the post-Soviet space after the collapse of the USSR.gt-en-newsitem-inside
With time, this holiday acquired new traditions and attributes. Flowers, chocolate, stuffed toys and balloons in the shape of a heart are the post popular presents to the beloved on that day.
The initiative to celebrate this holiday in Georgia belongs to the "star" of the local show-business Besika Chubinidze. He dedicated this day to his beloved woman, his wife Maya. Now Chubinidze offers to establish Father's Day on October 15.