- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia reforming educational system2011-04-19 18:34
Ten new modern public schools will be commissioned throughout the country this year in Georgia in the context of the educational system and 500 schools will be completely rehabilitated. As was reported by Novosti Georgia, such information was revealed to the journalists today by Georgian President's Press Speaker Manana Mandzhgaladze. She added that 60 thousand first-graders will be given netbooks and a thousand of best pupils will get personal computers.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Besides, special attention in the process of education reforming is given to the increase of the teachers' salary, press speaker underlined. According to her, the bonus system is applied to the teachers who have undergone certification for the knowledge of a foreign language and computer knowledge. Also, financial incentive is applied to those who teach in high mountain areas and are involved in the Teach For Georgia program.
"On the president's initiative, a strategy of teaching Georgian has been developed. It means that at least 30 percent of subjects must be taught in Georgian in all the non-Georgian language schools until the end of 2012", - Mandzhgaladze remarked.
Besides, she reported that the Houses of Georgian will be opened in all major locations. Georgian will also be taught in the summer patriotic camps, where 50 percent of the contingent will be represented by national minorities, press speaker summed up.