- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia and USA postponed signing the strategic partnership treaty2009-01-02 10:41
According to the Ministry representative, signing is postponed to the next week, approximately January 8th - 9th , as Condoleezza Rice, who is to sign the treaty from the American side, departs to Israel because of recent events in that country.
The Ministry mentioned that the text of the treaty is fully agreed between Georgia and the USA and is ready for signing.
A week ago Grigol Vashadze, Georgian Foreign Minister, stated that he was 99 per cent sure that on January 4th Georgian delegation, headed by him, would depart to Washington and would sign this "historic document" on cooperation in security, economy, democratization and humanitarian sphere.
End December Georgian Parliament representatives explained that the treaty implies no US military bases construction in Georgia, but the sides are responsible for mutual assistance in security sphere.