- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Football player Demetradze maimed himself to get out of isolation ward2011-04-22 12:14
Well-known Georgian football player Georgy Demetraze currently serving his sentence on a charge of being connected with underground sweepstake initiators has deliberately damaged himself to get to the prison hospital.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As was reported by Vezti.az Demetradze was recently transferred to an isolation ward. The football player asserts that it happened because he laughed too loudly, in the guards' opinion.
Demetradze also reported the horrible conditions in which he was kept. He even had to hurt himself to try to avoid his further stay in the ward. "I actually had to stand on my feet for the whole day. There was a sink with a sharp corner and I several times ran my wrist against it, trying to hurt myself", - he told.
Besides, Demetradze underlined that his action should not be viewed as an attempted suicide. "I am not going to commit suicide", - the football player said.
Let us remind you that Georgy Demetradze was detained at the beginning of June in Tbilisi on a charge of being connected with burglars. Giga Zirakishvili, Demetradze's attorney stated that sportsman was arrested with violation of law.