- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia expanding Security Council’s powers2011-04-22 13:04
Georgia made amendments to the law "On National Security Council". As was reported by Trend, according to the amendments, the powers of the country's Security Council will be extended. Amendments have already been passed in the first reading in parliament. As was reported in an explanatory note to the document, the purpose of amendments is the definition of an authoritative body that would coordinate and manage all types of the crisis situations constituting a threat for the country's national safety.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the current provision of law, Security Council is a consultative body under the president of Georgia for the issues of military construction and defensive capacity organization and strategic issues of domestic and foreign policy related to national security.
According to the amendments suggested, the council will function as the main body for taking high political decisions for the purpose of managing all crisis situations constituting a danger for the country's national safety.
According to the new law, the secretary of the Security Council will coordinate the management of all types of the crisis situations on a higher political level.