- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Patriarchy sent list of those recommended for amnesty to Georgian president2011-04-22 16:24
On the eve of the Orthodox Easter, Georgian Patriarchy has undertaken the mission of mediation on the early parole of the Georgian prisoners. Over one thousand convicts may be pardoned this time. As was reported by GHN, pardon covers only those who were sentenced for minor crimes and on condition that they have served half of their sentence. Besides, Patriarchy also considered the convicts' health state.
The lists of those recommended for pardon have already been sent to the Georgian president.
It should be reminded that initially, Patriarchy received about two thousand applications from prisoners asking for amnesty, including requests from 45 women-prisoners and 33 underage.