- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tourist information center to be opened in Gori2011-04-25 17:05
The opening of a tourist information center in Gori is scheduled for April 26. As was reported by Business Georgia, the opening ceremony will be attended by Director of National Tourist Center Maya Sidamonidze, Governor of Shida Kartly Zurab Arsoshvili, representatives of the local authorities and guests from the German Association of Technical Cooperation.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Gori is the most important tourist center in East Georgia, which is explained by various places of sightseeing and the availability of such ancient historical monuments as Uplistsikhe, Kintsvisi, Kvatakhevi and etc. Due to Gori's close proximity to Tbilisi and its availability it can be called an all-season tourist spot, for the visitors come here at any time of the year and it goes fourth in tourist traffic after Tbilisi, Batumi and Mtskhet", - officers of the National Tourist Agency remark.
In 2010, Gori was visited by 65 thousand tourists.
Tourist information centers have been opened in Kvareli, Mestia, Kutaisi, and Mtskheta. In the nearest future, such center will be opened in Tbilisi international airport, in Batumi, Zugdidi and Anaklia.