- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia advancing cooperation with World Tourist Organization2011-04-27 14:11
A meeting of the Georgian Minister of Economy and Sustained Development Vera Kobalia with the head of the UN World Tourist Organization Taleb Rifai was held in the capital of Spain. As was reported by Business Georgia, the parties discussed the issues of cooperation in the field of industry.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Notably, Rifai expressed his intention to realize a number of projects in Georgia. For instance, the World Tourist Organization is ready to start retraining Georgian specialists engaged in the field of tourism. Besides, in 2011-2012, several forums of regional meaning will be held in Georgia on the initiative and with the participation of the UN members.
"We have discussed the professional development of students and the possibility of their practical training in the UN World Tourist Organization", - Kobalia remarked after the meeting.
In his turn, the head of the World Tourist Organization stated the following: "We've discussed a lot of issues, including the possibility of tapping various markets. I think Georgia has got a great tourist potential and it will be able to tap new markets".