- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
WB to appropriate 80 million dollars to Azerbaijan2011-04-27 18:40
In order to improve water supply in the irrigational systems managed by farmers, World Bank arrived at a decision to appropriate 80 million dollars to Azerbaijan for the realization of the "Project on supporting the development of Azerbaijani water users associations". As was reported by Trend, today, the Board of Directors of the World Bank passed a decision to allocate the credit.gt-en-newsitem-inside
International Development Association accounts for 76,80 million dollars of the total volume of the allocated means and MBRD - for 3,20 million dollars. In its turn, Azerbaijani government appropriated 34,30 million dollars for the project realization.
"The productivity of 760 thousand small farms located in 27 Azerbaijani provinces will be improved due to the rehabilitation of the irrigational and drainage networks and due to the measures on creating a potential with the support of the World Bank's new project", - goes WB's statement.
"The project supports key strategic purposes of diversifying the country's economy, - WB Regional Director for South Caucasus Asad Allam added in his turn.