- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili dissatisfied with Georgian agriculture2011-04-27 19:48
Head of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili expressed his dissatisfaction with the Georgian agriculture. This was reported by Business Georgia. As was underlined by the head of the state at a meeting with governors and representatives of the local authorities today, Georgia is an agricultural country and it is wrong that only 60 percent of farmlands are cultivated in this country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We must switch to intensive farming and cattle breeding", - Saakashvili stated. He also called on the former officers who acquired land in the 90s to start cultivating it.
"Some of the grabbers who bought 200 hectares of the best land have developed only the area enough to feed their families, while hundreds of families were left without their piece of bread", - President Saakashvili remarked.
"Georgia has no lands to be idle. 100 percent of land must be used in production", - the president said.