- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia wants to develop a strategy on Caucasus2011-04-29 19:20
A strategy in respect of the entire Caucasian region will soon be developed in Sakartvelo. This was reported by GHN, which is citing the statement of Chairman of the Georgian Parliamentary Committee for Expatriate Communities and Caucasus Nugzar Tsiklauri made during a meeting with experts.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The purpose of the meeting is to listen to the experts' opinion regarding the North Caucasus. We are going to hold meetings with foreign experts so as Georgia could finally define its strategy in the North Caucasus and in respect of the entire Caucasian region", - Tsiklauri underlined.
He stressed that the situation in the North Caucasus is very important for Georgia both in terms of economy and safety.
"Russian authorities' actions, which, from the point of view of stabilization are based only on repressive actions are absolutely inefficient", - Tsiklauri believes.
"International organizations have already expressed their apprehensions in connection with the human rights violation in the North Caucasus and Georgia, being a neighbouring region, must develop its own principal position and attitude towards the North Caucasus", - he added.
Let us remind you that one of these days, Foreign Minister of Georgia Grigol Vashadze stated that "Georgia does not need any problems in the North Caucasus". As was reported by GHN, Vashadze underlined that the recent rumours about Georgia supporting the military in the North Caucasus are "groundless".
"For such comments, a psychiatrist is needed, not a foreign minister. Georgia does not need any problems in the North Caucasus. The reasons are simple. Whatever problems emerged for Russia in the North Caucasus we will become a territory that will border an unquiet region and refugees may again flood us. And there are already 400 thousand refugees in Georgia due to Russia. We need no problems in the North Caucasus at all", - the head of the Georgian foreign policy administration remarked.