- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Changes in structure of Interior Ministry and ministry of Defense2009-01-07 11:13
Following the order of Georgian President, Mikhail Saakashvili, the Ministry of Defense and the Interior Ministry partially changed their structure, RIA-Novosti informs, alluding to the press service of the Ministry of Defense.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Following recommendations of Western experts, vessels and the whole structure of Ministry of defense navy came under control of coast guard of Interior ministry border police. Besides, all aircrafts and crew of Interior Ministry air force border defense passed to the Ministry of Defense air force.
"This decision was made after the analysis of August 2008 events. The navy was the weakest link in all structures of the Armed Forces United Staff ", said Vladimir Chachibaya, the Chief of Staff.
According to Chichbaya, this decision will help to save money and eliminate duplication of functions. "The Ministry of Defense and the Interior Ministry of Georgia cooperate closely, and in the case of threat to the security of the country all our substructures will work in coordinated effort ", Chachibaya underlined.