- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Public Broadcasting finance will count above USD 15 mln2009-01-07 11:55
The finance of Georgian Public Broadcasting (GPB) will count over GEL 25.5 mln (USD 15.4 mln). This sum is going to be allocated from the state budget, passed by the Parliament, on December 30th 2008. This sum exceeds the last-year finance on GEL 597600 .gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the law on broadcasting, the sum allocated for GPB finance must be no less than 0,15% of the GDP, Day.Az informs. According to the Chairman of GPB Board of Governors, Levan Gakheladze, this sum will be enough to keep the First channel and both radio channels of GPB functioning, but too little for reorganization of the Second Channel.
According to Gakheladze, turning the Second Channel into a political one implies technical re-equipment and expansion of broadcasting zone, and it demands approximately 7 mln lari.
«In the Parliament we conduct consultations on additional targeted finance», he noticed. GPB includes two TV channels - First Channel and Second Channel, as well as two radio channels: Public Radio and Radio- 2.