- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
This Week Saakashvili to Pay Attention to Georgian Education2011-05-11 14:19
This week the Georgian leader Mikhail Saakashvili is going to hold a meeting with teachers and to discuss the ways of reforming the education system with them. According to the Georgia News, this was reported to journalists by the President's Press Speaker Manana Mandjgaladze during a briefing.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"One of the state's priorities is to care about teachers and their training, the incentivation of education workers and the creation of a competitive environment", noted the Press Speaker.
Saakashvili met the teachers who had "passed the new wave of reforms, i.e. received certificates, passed examinations in professional skills, profile subjects, the English language and computer knowledge".
"Starting from the new academic year 25% of the teachers who got the highest grades will receive a salary of one thousand lari (625 dollars)", noted Mandjgaladze.